Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Drebrin (pan) Antibody #5052
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||110-132||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Drebrin (pan) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total DrebrinE and DrebrinA proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu580 of human Drebrin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Developmentally-regulated brain proteins (Drebrins) are cytoplasmic proteins that were originally identified in the brain as F-actin-binding proteins. There are two mammalian isoforms: adult type (A) and embryonic type (E). These isoforms are derived from a single gene through alternative RNA splicing mechanisms (1). Drebrin E has been observed to accumulate in the developmental stage of migrating neurons and in the growing cell processes of neurons. Drebrin A is found at the dendritic spines of mature cortical neurons where it plays a role in synaptic plasticity (2,3). Although drebrins are primarily found in neurons, they have also been found in skeletal muscle, heart, pancreas, and kidney. Research studies have shown that reduced expression of drebrin in the brain could be associated with Alzheimer’s Disease, Down Syndrome (4), and bipolar disorders (5).
- Kojima, N. et al. (1993) Brain Res Mol Brain Res 19, 101-14.
- Shirao, T. (1995) J Biochem 117, 231-6.
- Ivanov, A. et al. (2009) J Cell Sci 122, 524-34.
- Shim, K.S. and Lubec, G. (2002) Neurosci Lett 324, 209-12.
- Kim, H.W. et al. (2010) Neurobiol Dis 37, 596-603.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.