Product Pathways - Metabolism
NPC1L1 Antibody #5058
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NPC1L1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NPC1L1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human NPC1L1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 (NPC1L1) is a transmembrane protein that plays a critical role in cholesterol absorption (1). It is highly expressed in small intestine and localized along the brush border in both human and mouse epithelial cells (2,3). NPC1L1 mediates cholesterol uptake via vesicular endocytosis (4). Ezetimibe, a potent cholesterol absorption inhibitor used to treat hypercholesterolemia (5), inhibits cholesterol uptake by preventing NPC1L1 from incorporating into clathrin-coated vesicles (4).
- Altmann, S.W. et al. (2004) Science 303, 1201-4.
- Davis, H.R. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 33586-92.
- Sané, A.T. et al. (2006) J Lipid Res 47, 2112-20.
- Ge, L. et al. (2008) Cell Metab 7, 508-19.
- Davis, H.R. and Veltri, E.P. (2007) J Atheroscler Thromb 14, 99-108.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.