Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HO-1 (P249) Antibody #5061
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HO-1 (P249) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HO-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding Pro249 of human HO-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heme oxygenase (HO) is the rate-limiting enzyme in the catabolism of heme that results in the release of carbon monoxide, iron, and biliverdin (1). The products of this enzymatic reaction play important biological roles in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and cytoprotective functions (2). Heme oxygenase comprises two isozymes, including the constitutively expressed HO-2 isozyme and the inducible HO-1 isozyme (3). Inducible HO-1 is expressed as an adaptive response to several stimuli, including heme, metals, and hormones (4). The induction of HO-1 has been implicated in numerous disease states, such as transplant rejection, hypertension, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer disease, endotoxic shock, diabetes, inflammation, and neurological disorders (1,5).
- Abraham, N.G. and Kappas, A. (2008) Pharmacol Rev 60, 79-127.
- Otterbein, L.E. et al. (2003) Trends Immunol 24, 449-55.
- Cruse, I. and Maines, M.D. (1988) J Biol Chem 263, 3348-53.
- Maines, M.D. (1988) FASEB J 2, 2557-68.
- Schipper, H.M. et al. (2009) Curr Alzheimer Res 6, 424-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.