Product Pathways - Apoptosis
HIPK2 Antibody #5091
|W||H M R||Endogenous||130-140||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HIPK2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HIPK2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln1045 of human HIPK2 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a mouse HIPK2 construct (+), using HIPK2 Antibody.
Members of the homeodomain-interacting protein kinase (HIPK1-4) family of serine/threonine kinases regulate gene transcription with effects on cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis (1-3). HIPK1-3 are nuclear proteins that were originally described as co-repressors for homeobox transcription factors (1). HIPK proteins can interact with and/or phosphorylate many transcriptional regulators (4).
HIPK2 activated in response to DNA damage, including UV radiation and chemotherapeutic drugs, phosphorylates p53 at Ser46 to promote the transcription of pro-apoptotic p53 target genes (5-7). In addition, HIPK2 interacts with a number of transcription factors that control developmental processes, tumor suppression and apoptosis (4). The kinase is regulated by both sumoylation (8) and ubiquitination (9,10). Ubiquitination and subsequent degradation of HIPK2 is inhibited by DNA damaging agents. Caspase-dependent cleavage of HIPK2 removes the inhibitory domain and results in enhanced HIPK2 activity (11).
- Kim, Y.H. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 25875-9.
- Rochat-Steiner, V. et al. (2000) J Exp Med 192, 1165-74.
- Arai, S. et al. (2007) FEBS Lett 581, 5649-57.
- Rinaldo, C. et al. (2007) Biochem Cell Biol 85, 411-8.
- Hofmann, T.G. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, 1-10.
- D'Orazi, G. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, 11-9.
- Di Stefano, V. et al. (2004) Exp Cell Res 293, 311-20.
- Kim, Y.H. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 12350-5.
- Choi, D.W. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 4682-9.
- Winter, M. et al. (2008) Nat Cell Biol 10, 812-24.
- Gresko, E. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 1883-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.