Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat4 (2A2) Mouse mAb #5097
|5097S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5097||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat4 (2A2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein corresponding to residues 633-652 of human Stat4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, mock transfected or transfected with human Stat4, using Stat4 (2A2) Mouse mAb.
The Jak-Stat signaling pathway is utilized by a large number of cytokines, growth factors, and hormones (1). Receptor-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of Jak family members triggers phosphorylation of Stat proteins, resulting in their nuclear translocation, binding to specific DNA elements, and subsequent activation of transcription. The remarkable range and specificity of responses regulated by the Stats is determined, in part, by the tissue-specific expression of different cytokine receptors, Jaks, and Stats, as well as by the combinatorial coupling of various Stat members to different receptors (2). Stat4 is predominantly expressed in the spleen, thymus, and testis and has been most extensively investigated as the mediator of IL-12 responses (3-8). Activation of Stat4 is associated with phosphorylation at Tyr693 (9).
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-1421.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 16, 293-322.
- Zhong, Z. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 4806-4810.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell Biol. 14, 4342-4349.
- Jacobson, N.G. et al. (1995) J. Exp. Med. 181, 1755-1762.
- Bacon, C.M. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 7307-7311.
- Thierfelder, W.E. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 171-174.
- Kaplan, M.H. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 174-177.
- Visconti, R. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 1844-52.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2653 Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.