Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb #5112
|W F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of ATF-2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 71. This antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated c-Jun, CREB or other transcription factors. It recognizes both Thr69/Thr71 dually phosphorylated ATF-2 and Thr71 singly phosphorylated ATF-2 equally well.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr71 of human ATF2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or UV-treated COS cells, NIH/3T3 cells and C6 cells, using Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb (upper), or ATF-2 (20F1) Rabbit mAb #9226 (lower).
The transcription factor ATF-2 (also called CRE-BP1) binds to both AP-1 and CRE DNA response elements and is a member of the ATF/CREB family of leucine zipper proteins (1). ATF-2 interacts with a variety of viral oncoproteins and cellular tumor suppressors and is a target of the SAPK/JNK and p38 MAP kinase signaling pathways (2-4). Various forms of cellular stress, including genotoxic agents, inflammatory cytokines, and UV irradiation, stimulate the transcriptional activity of ATF-2. Cellular stress activates ATF-2 by phosphorylation of Thr69 and Thr71 (2-4). Both SAPK and p38 MAPK have been shown to phosphorylate ATF-2 at these sites in vitro and in cells transfected with ATF-2. Mutations of these sites result in the loss of stress-induced transcription by ATF-2 (2-4). In addition, mutations at these sites reduce the ability of E1A and Rb to stimulate gene expression via ATF-2 (2).
- Abdel-Hafiz, H.A. et al. (1992) Mol. Endocrinol. 6, 2079-2089.
- Gupta, S. et al. (1995) Science 267, 389-393.
- van Dam, H. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 1798-1811.
- Livingstone, C. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 1785-1797.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9226 ATF-2 (20F1) Rabbit mAb
- 9225 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody
- 9223 ATF-2 Control Cell Extracts
- 9221 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 8220 PhosphoPlus® ATF-2 (Thr71) Antibody Duet
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.