Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb #5113
|5113S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5113P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5113||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||60||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of HDAC2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other HDAC proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human HDAC2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb.
Acetylation of the histone tail causes chromatin to adopt an "open" conformation, allowing increased accessibility of transcription factors to DNA. The identification of histone acetyltransferases (HATs) and their large multiprotein complexes has yielded important insights into how these enzymes regulate transcription (1,2). HAT complexes interact with sequence-specific activator proteins to target specific genes. In addition to histones, HATs can acetylate nonhistone proteins, suggesting multiple roles for these enzymes (3). In contrast, histone deacetylation promotes a "closed" chromatin conformation and typically leads to repression of gene activity (4). Mammalian histone deacetylases can be divided into three classes on the basis of their similarity to various yeast deacetylases (5). Class I proteins (HDACs 1, 2, 3, and 8) are related to the yeast Rpd3-like proteins, those in class II (HDACs 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10) are related to yeast Hda1-like proteins, and class III proteins are related to the yeast protein Sir2. Inhibitors of HDAC activity are now being explored as potential therapeutic cancer agents (6,7).
HDAC1 and HDAC2 are highly homologous and are involved in histone deacetylation, chromatin remodeling and transcriptional repression (8-10). Both proteins are found together in numerous complexes including the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylation complex (NuRD), MeCP1, and the mSin3A corepressor complex.
- Marmorstein, R. (2001) Cell Mol Life Sci 58, 693-703.
- Gregory, P.D. et al. (2001) Exp Cell Res 265, 195-202.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5540-53.
- Cress, W.D. and Seto, E. (2000) J Cell Physiol 184, 1-16.
- Gray, S.G. and Ekström, T.J. (2001) Exp Cell Res 262, 75-83.
- Thiagalingam, S. et al. (2003) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 983, 84-100.
- Vigushin, D.M. and Coombes, R.C. (2004) Curr. Cancer Drug Targets 4, 205-218.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 1924-35.
- Ng, H.H. et al. (1999) Nat Genet 23, 58-61.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 357-64.
- Li, M. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 2711-22. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 3949 HDAC3 (7G6C5) Mouse mAb
- 2072 Histone Deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) Antibody
- 2082 Histone Deacetylase 5 (HDAC5) Antibody
- 2882 Histone Deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) Antibody
- 2310 SirT1 Antibody
- 4241 CHD3 Antibody
- 4245 CHD4 Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.