Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
FAM129B Antibody #5122
|W IP IF-IC F||H Mk||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FAM129B Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total FAM129B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu705 of human Fam129B protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of whole cell extracts from various cell lines using FAM129B Antibody (upper) or GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb Antibody #2118 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using FAM129B Antibody (blue) compared to Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of A-431 (left) and HeLa cells (right) using FAM129B Antibody (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
FAM129B/Niban-like protein 1 (family with sequence similarity 129, member B) belongs to a poorly characterized family of Niban proteins that also includes FAM129A/Niban and FAM129C/Niban-like protein 2. FAM129A/Niban is implicated in the ER stress response and is upregulated at the protein level in thyroid carcinoma (1,2). FAM129C/Niban-like protein 2 is preferentially expressed in B-cells and is one of five biomarkers upregulated in whole blood from patients with colorectal carcinoma (3,4). FAM129B is broadly expressed and has been shown to be a downstream target of B-Raf in melanoma cells (5). Though FAM129B does not appear to regulate cell growth and division, phosphorylation of FAM129B by B-Raf is essential for the invasive potential of melanoma and non-melanoma cell lines (5). Deletion of FAM129B in melanoma cells significantly impairs B-Raf/MEK/Erk-dependent invasion into the extracellular matrix (5).
- Sun, G.D. et al. (2007) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360, 181-7.
- Matsumoto, F. et al. (2006) Hum Pathol 37, 1592-600.
- Boyd, R.S. et al. (2003) Leukemia 17, 1605-12.
- Han, M. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 455-60.
- Old, W.M. et al. (2009) Mol Cell 34, 115-31.
- Chen, S. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem , . Applications: IC-IF Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4432 A-Raf Antibody
- 9433 B-Raf (55C6) Rabbit mAb
- 9422 c-Raf Antibody
- 2330 Raf Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.