Product Pathways - Translational Control
TIAR Antibody #5137
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||42||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TIAR Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TIAR protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TIAR. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TIAR is a member of the RNA-recognition motif (RRM) family of RNA-binding proteins (1,2). It functions as a translational repressor under conditions of cellular damage (3,4). In response to cellular stress, TIAR associates with eIF1, eIF3, and the 40S ribosomal subunit and forms noncanonical preinitiation complexes that are translationally inactive (3,4). TIAR then aggregates with its family member TIA1 and facilitates the accumulation of the translationally inactive preinitiation complexes into discrete cytoplasmic foci called stress granules. The two major isoforms of TIAR are the products of alternative mRNA splicing (5,6).
- Tian, Q. et al. (1991) Cell 67, 629-39.
- Kawakami, A. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 8681-5.
- Anderson, P. and Kedersha, N. (2002) Cell Stress Chaperones 7, 213-21.
- Anderson, P. and Kedersha, N. (2002) J Cell Sci 115, 3227-34.
- Kawakami, A. et al. (1994) J Immunol 152, 4937-45.
- Beck, A.R. et al. (1996) Nucleic Acids Res 24, 3829-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.