Product Pathways - Antibody Sampler Kits
Loading Control Antibody Sampler Kit #5142
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb #4850||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-IC F||H R Mk Z B Pg||17||Rabbit IgG|
|β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb #2128||40 µl||W IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk Z B (C)||55||Rabbit IgG|
|Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb #4499||40 µl||W IHC-P IF-IC||H M R Mk (Hm) (C) (Dm) (X) (Z) (B)||17||Rabbit IgG|
|GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174||40 µl||W IHC-P IF-IC||H M R Mk (Pg)||37||Rabbit|
|β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457||40 µl||W IF-IC F||H M R Mk||45||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the Loading Control Antibody Sampler Kit detects endogenous levels of its target protein and does not typically cross-react with other proteins.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7, NIH/3T3 and PC-12 cells using β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb #2128.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb #4499.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, Jurkat and COS cell lines using COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb #4850.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174.
The Loading Control Antibody Sampler Kit contains antibodies to a variety of housekeeping proteins. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four western blots per primary antibody.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human β-actin, surrounding Lys29 of human COX IV, the sequence of human GAPDH, the carboxy-terminal residues of human histone H3, and the amino terminus of human β-tubulin.
Housekeeping proteins perform numerous basic functions within the cell and are constitutively expressed at high levels in a variety of tissues and cell types. Western blot analysis commonly uses housekeeping proteins such as β-actin, COX IV, GAPDH, histone H3 and the α- and β-tubulins as loading controls. Actin is a ubiquitous protein and a major component of the eukaryotic cytoskeleton. Actin exists mainly as the F-actin fibrous polymer (1). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) catalyzes the phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate during glycolysis. Recent work has demonstrated that GAPDH plays roles in apoptosis (2), gene expression (3), and nuclear transport (4). Globular tubulin subunits made up of α- and β-tubulin heterodimers are the building blocks of microtubules, one of three types of cytosolic fibers that comprise the cytoskeleton (5). Histone proteins, including histone H3, make up the primary building block of chromatin known as nucleosomes. Modulation of the chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes (6). Cytochrome c oxidase (COX) is a hetero-oligomeric enzyme consisting of 13 subunits localized to the inner mitochondrial membrane (7-9). It is the terminal enzyme complex in the respiratory chain, catalyzing the reduction of protons across the mitochondrial inner membrane to drive ATP synthesis (10).
- Condeelis, J. (2001) Trends Cell Biol 11, 288-93.
- Hara, M.R. and Snyder, S.H. Cell Mol Neurobiol (2006) 26, 527-38.
- Zheng, L. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 255-66.
- Bae, B.I. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 3405-9.
- Westermann, S. and Weber, K. (2003) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4, 938-47.
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Ostermeier, C. et al. (1996) Curr Opin Struct Biol 6, 460-6.
- Capaldi, R.A. et al. (1983) Biochim Biophys Acta 726, 135-48.
- Kadenbach, B. et al. (2000) Free Radic Biol Med 29, 211-21.
- Barrientos, A. et al. (2002) Gene 286, 53-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
* Product-specific protocol.
- 2128 β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb
- 2125 α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4970 β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4850 COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb
Rabbit monoclonal antibodies are produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063 and U.S.S.N. 11/476,277) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.