Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Myosin II Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit #5144
|5144S||1 Kit (3 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Myosin IIa Antibody #3403||40 µl||W, IF-IC||H, M, R||230||Rabbit|
|Myosin IIb Antibody #3404||40 µl||W, IF-IC||H, M, Mk||R||230||Rabbit|
|Myosin IIc (D4A7) Rabbit mAb #8189||40 µl||W, IF-IC||H, M, R, Mk||230||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Myosin IIa Antibody #3403.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Myosin IIb Antibody #3404.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Myosin IIc (D4A7) Rabbit mAb #8189.
The Myosin II Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit is an economical way to examine the total protein levels of myosin II isoforms a, b, and c. The kit includes enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the Myosin II Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit detects endogenous total levels of the specified myosin II isoform.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to the carboxy terminus of mouse myosin IIa and human myosin IIb.
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly656 of human myosin IIc protein.
Nonmuscle myosin is an actin-based motor protein essential to cell motility, cell division, migration, adhesion, and polarity. The holoenzyme consists of two identical heavy chains and two sets of light chains. The light chains (MLCs) regulate myosin II activity and stability. The heavy chains (NMHCs) are encoded by three genes, MYH9, MYH10, and MYH14, which generate three different nonmuscle myosin II isoforms, IIa, IIb, and IIc, respectively (reviewed in 1). While all three isoforms perform the same enzymatic tasks, binding to and contracting actin filaments coupled to ATP hydrolysis, their cellular functions do not appear to be redundant and they have different subcellular distributions (2-5). The carboxy-terminal tail domain of myosin II is important in isoform-specific subcellular localization (6). Research studies have shown that phosphorylation of myosin IIa at Ser1943 contributes to the regulation of breast cancer cell migration (7).
- Conti, M.A. and Adelstein, R.S. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 11-18.
- Sandquist, J.C. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 35873-83.
- Even-Ram, S. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 299-309.
- Vicente-Manzanares, M. et al. (2007) J Cell Biol 176, 573-80.
- Wylie, S.R. and Chantler, P.D. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 3956-68.
- Sandquist, J.C. and Means, A.R. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 5156-67.
- Dulyaninova, N.G. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 3144-55.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
* Product-specific protocol.
- 3671 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 3674 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Thr18/Ser19) Antibody
- 3675 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Mouse mAb
- 3672 Myosin Light Chain 2 Antibody
- 4563 Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr853) Antibody
- 2634 MYPT1 Antibody
- 4035 ROCK1 (C8F7) Rabbit mAb
- 3040 Phospho-MYPT1 (Ser507) Antibody
- 3048 Phospho-MYPT1 (Ser668) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.