Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
HGK (D19H10) Rabbit mAb #5146
|W||H M Mk||Endogenous||150 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HGK (D19H10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total HGK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala553 of human HGK protein.
HGK (MAP4K4 or mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase kinase 4) is a serine/threonine kinase that belongs to the mammalian STE20/MAP4K kinase family involved in response to environmental stress and cytokines such as TNF-α (1-3). HGK specifically activates the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) signaling pathway and increases AP-1-mediated transcriptional activity in vivo (1). HGK is broadly expressed in many types of human cancer and cancer cell lines and plays an important role in cell transformation, invasiveness, adhesion and migration (4,5).
- Yao, Z. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 2118-25.
- Tesz, G.J. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 19302-12.
- Bouzakri, K. and Zierath, J.R. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 7783-9.
- Wright, J.H. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 2068-82.
- Collins, C.S. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 3775-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3485 HGK Antibody
- 3346 SEK1 (5C10) Rabbit mAb
- 4172 MKK7 Antibody
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 4668 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.