Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5153
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total androgen receptor protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein corresponding to residues near the amino terminal region of human androgen receptor protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from LNCaP (AR+), MCF7 (AR+), PC-3 (AR-), and DU 145 (AR-) cells using Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin Antibody #4967 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded LNCaP (AR+, left) and DU145 (AR-, right) using Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma using Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of DU-145 cells (red) and LNCaP cells (blue) using Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Androgen receptor (AR), a zinc finger transcription factor belonging to the nuclear receptor superfamily, is activated by phosphorylation and dimerization upon ligand binding (1). This promotes nuclear localization and binding of AR to androgen response elements in androgen target genes. AR plays a crucial role in several stages of male development and the progression of prostate cancer (2,3).
- Li, J. and Al-Azzawi, F. (2009) Maturitas 63, 142-8.
- Avila, D.M. et al. (2001) J. Steroid. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 76, 135-142.
- Montgomery, J.S. et al. (2001) J. Pathol. 195, 138-146.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 3202 Androgen Receptor Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.