Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-ATRIP (Ser224) Antibody #5161
|W||H (M) (Mk)||Endogenous||86||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ATRIP (Ser224) Antibody detects endogenous levels of ATRIP protein only when phosphorylated at Ser224.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phoshopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser224 of the human ATRIP protein.
In response to genomic stress, the ATR interacting protein (ATRIP) binds and is phosphorylated by the DNA damage-and checkpoint-activated kinase ATR (ataxia-telangiectasia mutated and rad3-related). Both ATR and ATRIP are integral for checkpoint signaling and are critical in the DNA repair response (1-3). Direct interaction between ATRIP and replication protein A (RPA) at RPA-coated, single-stranded DNA results in the recruitment of phosphorylated ATR/ATRIP to stalled replication forks and sites of DNA damage (3). ATR/ATRIP coordinate DNA repair and cell cycle progression in conjunction with key regulatory proteins, such as Rad17 and the 9-1-1 complex (4). ATR associated with ATRIP can also be stimulated by topoisomerase II binding protein (TOPBP1), suggesting that ATRIP may regulate both ATR localization and activity (5).
Cyclin dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) may participate in the regulation of DNA damage response and cell cycle control through phosphorylation of ATRIP at Ser224 (6).
- Cortez, D. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1713-1716.
- Itakura, E. et al. (2004) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 323, 1197-1202.
- Zou, L. and Elledge, S.J. (2003) Science 300, 1542-1548.
- Yang, X.H. and Zou, L. (2006) Methods Enzymol. 409, 118-131.
- Ball, H.L. et al. (2007) Mol Cell Biol 27, 3367-77.
- Myers, J.S. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 6685-90.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2737 ATRIP Antibody
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.