Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) Antibody #5163
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||140 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MYPT1 only when phosphorylated at Thr696. The antibody may cross-react with the phospho-MYPT2 (Thr 646) due to high sequence homology.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surroundiing Thr696 of human MYPT1. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untreated or treated with the ROCK inhibitor Y27632 (2 minutes at 10 μM) using Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) Antibody or total MYPT1 Antibody #2634. Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) Antibody was pre-incubated as indicated with phospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) peptide or nonphospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) peptide.
Protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) is a ubiquitous eukaryotic protein serine/threonine phosphatase involved in the regulation of various cell functions. Substrate specificity is determined by the binding of a regulatory subunit to the PP1 catalytic subunit (PP1c). It is estimated that over fifty different regulatory subunits exist (1).The myosin phosphatase holoenzyme is composed of three subunits: PP1c, a targeting/regulatory subunit (MYPT/myosin-binding subunit of myosin phosphatase), and a 20 kDa subunit of unknown function (M20). MYPT binding to PP1cδ alters the conformation of the catalytic cleft and increases enzyme activity and specificity (2). Two MYPT isoforms that are 61% identical have been described. MYPT1 is widely expressed, while MYPT2 expression appears to be exclusive to heart and brain (3). Related family members include MBS85, MYPT3, and TIMAP (4).Myosin phosphatase regulates the interaction of actin and myosin in response to signaling through the small GTPase Rho. Rho activity inhibits myosin phosphatase via Rho-associated kinase (ROCK). Phosphorylation of MYPT1 at Thr696 and Thr853 results in phosphatase inhibition and cytoskeletal reorganization (5,6).
- Cohen, P.T. (2002) J Cell Sci 115, 241-56.
- Terrak, M. et al. (2004) Nature 429, 780-4.
- Fujioka, M. et al. (1998) Genomics 49, 59-68.
- Ito, M. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biochem 259, 197-209.
- Birukova, A.A. et al. (2004) Microvasc Res 67, 64-77.
- Birukova, A.A. et al. (2004) J Cell Physiol 201, 55-70.
- Hudson, C.A. et al. (2012) Mol Hum Reprod 18, 265-79. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5143 MYPT1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4563 Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr853) Antibody
- 3040 Phospho-MYPT1 (Ser507) Antibody
- 2634 MYPT1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.