Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Geminin Antibody #5165
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Geminin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total geminin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly80 of human geminin protein. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The initiation of DNA replication in mammalian cells is a highly coordinated process that ensures duplication of the genome only once per cell division cycle. Origins of replication are dispersed throughout the genome and their activities are regulated via the sequential binding of pre-replication and replication factors. The origin recognition complex (ORC) is thought to be bound to chromatin throughout the cell cycle (1,2). The pre-replication complex (pre-RC) forms in late mitosis/early G1 phase beginning with the binding of CDT1 and cdc6 to the origin, which allows binding of the heterohexameric MCM2-7 complex. Once this complex is formed, the origin is “licensed” for initiation of DNA replication. In order to ensure that replication occurs only once per cell cycle, geminin binds to and inhibits CDT1 during the S, G2 and M phases. This prevents the recruitment of the MCM complex to the origins of replication, which blocks the premature reformation of the Pre-RC. At the metaphase/anaphase transition, geminin is degraded by the anaphase-promoting complex (APC) allowing for the formation of new pre-RC (3,4).
- Okuno, Y. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 4263-77.
- McNairn, A.J. et al. (2005) Exp Cell Res 308, 345-56.
- Montanari, M. et al. (2006) Cell Death Differ 13, 1052-6.
- McGarry, T.J. and Kirschner, M.W. (1998) Cell 93, 1043-53.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3386 CDT1 Antibody
- 3619 MCM2 (D7G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4003 MCM3 (D47B6) Rabbit mAb
- 3735 MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4731 ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb
- 4736 ORC2 (3G6) Rat mAb
- 4737 ORC6 (3A4) Rat mAb
- 3387 Cdc6 (C42F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.