Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
EAPP (1E4) Mouse mAb #5166
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||45||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EAPP (1E4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total EAPP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant amino-terminal fragment of human EAPP protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using EAPP (1E4) Mouse mAb.
Regulation of the E2F family of transcription factors, primarily through the retinoblastoma protein (pRb), is vital for control of cell proliferation and cell death (reviewed in 1). E2F-associated phosphoprotein (EAPP) was identified as an E2F-family binding protein that modulates E2F-regulated transcription and may be required for S phase entry. EAPP is expressed at varied levels in all tissues and cell types examined and its expression is reduced in nocodazole-arrested cells (2). Mass spectrometry studies have identified multiple EAPP phosphorylation sites including Ser109 and Ser111, but biological consequences of EAPP phosphorylation have yet to be elucidated (3-5).
- Polager, S. and Ginsberg, D. (2008) Trends Cell Biol 18, 528-35.
- Novy, M. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 2181-90.
- Dephoure, N. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 10762-7.
- Mayya, V. et al. (2009) Sci Signal 2, ra46.
- Olsen, J.V. et al. (2006) Cell 127, 635-48.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3742 E2F-1 Antibody
- 9313 Rb (D20) Rabbit mAb
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 2181 Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody
- 3590 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (C84F6) Rabbit mAb
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.