Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #5168
|5168S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||---||In Stock||---|
|5168||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|IP||1:20||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||210, 230||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot using the unconjugated antibody.
Applications Key: IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of VEGF receptor 2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein containing the carboxy-terminal 150 amino acid residues of human VEGF receptor 2 protein.
Immunoprecipitation of PAEC/CKR cell lysates using VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) and Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #3423. The western blot was probed using VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb #2479. PAEC/CKR cells overexpress chimeric receptors containing the human CSF-1 extracellular binding domain/mouse VEGF receptor 2 intracellular domains (7).
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated sepharose beads. VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is useful for immunoprecipitation assays. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb #2479.
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8065 Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-165 (hVEGF165 )
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.