Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Cofilin (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb #5175
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk Dg||Endogenous||19||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cofilin (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total cofilin1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human cofilin1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Cofilin (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Cofilin and actin-depolymerization factor (ADF) are members of a family of essential conserved small actin-binding proteins that play pivotal roles in cytokinesis, endocytosis, embryonic development, stress response, and tissue regeneration (1). In response to stimuli, cofilin promotes the regeneration of actin filaments by severing preexisting filaments (2). The severing activity of cofilin is inhibited by LIMK or TESK phosphorylation at Ser3 of cofilin (3-5). Phosphorylation at Ser3 also regulates cofilin translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm (6).
- Carlier, M.F. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33827-30.
- Condeelis, J. (2001) Trends Cell Biol 11, 288-93.
- Arber, S. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 805-9.
- Yang, N. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 809-12.
- Toshima, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 31449-58.
- Nebl, G. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 26276-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3311 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) Antibody
- 3313 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.