Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
TRIM29/ATDC Antibody #5182
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRIM29/ATDC Antibody detects endogenous levels of TRIM29/ATDC protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu160 of human TRIM29/ATDC protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Tipartite motif-containing protein 29 (TRIM29 or ATDC) was isolated as a candidate gene by its ability to complement the radiosensitivity defect of an ataxia-telangiectasia (AT) cell line (1). This putative transcription regulator belongs to the TRIM (tripartite motif) protein family that is characterized by highly conserved amino-terminal RING finger, B-box, and coiled-coil domains. TRIM29 binds and sequesters cytosolic p53, repressing expression of p53 target genes including p21 and Noxa by preventing p53 from entering the nucleus. Expression of TRIM29 inhibits p53 function and results in increased cell proliferation. (2). TRIM29 enhances tumor growth and metastasis in vivo and high TRIM29 levels are seen in most invasive pancreatic cancers. The oncogenic effect of TRIM29 appears to require β-catenin as expression of both proteins is elevated in pancreatic cancer cell lines and tissues (3).
- Kapp, L.N. et al. (1992) Am J Hum Genet 51, 45-54.
- Yuan, Z. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol [Epub ahead of print].
- Wang, L. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 207-19.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.