Product Pathways - Metabolism
Lipin 1 Antibody #5195
|W IP IF-IC||H M||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Lipin 1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Lipin 1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln883 of human Lipin 1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human white pre-adipocytes and human white adipocytes using Lipin 1 Antibody (upper) and β-Actin Antibody #4967 (lower).
Lipin 1 was identified as a nuclear protein required for adipose tissue development (1). The expression of Lipin 1 is induced during adipocyte differentiation (1). The abnormal development of adipose tissues caused by mutations in the lipin 1 gene results in lipodystrophy, a condition associated with low body fat, fatty liver, hypertriglyceridemia, and insulin resistance (1). Lipin 1 plays a role in lipid metabolism in various tissues and cell types including liver, muscle, adipose tissues, and neuronal cell lines (2-4). It has dual functions at the molecular level: Lipin 1 serves as a transcriptional coactivator in liver, and a phosphatidate phosphatase in triglyceride and phospholipid biosynthesis pathways (5). Lipin1 is regulated by mTOR, illustrating a connection between adipocyte development and nutrient-sensing pathways (6). It also mediates hepatic insulin signaling by TORC2/CRTC2 (7).
- Péterfy, M. et al. (2001) Nat Genet 27, 121-4.
- Finck, B.N. et al. (2006) Cell Metab 4, 199-210.
- Phan, J. and Reue, K. (2005) Cell Metab 1, 73-83.
- Verheijen, M.H. et al. (2003) Genes Dev 17, 2450-64.
- Reue, K. and Zhang, P. (2008) FEBS Lett 582, 90-6.
- Huffman, T.A. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99, 1047-52.
- Ryu, D. et al. (2009) Cell Metab 9, 240-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9349 Perilipin (D1D8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3470 Perilipin (D418) Antibody
- 3467 Perilipin (K117) Antibody
- 3826 Torc2 Antibody
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.