Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
NDRG1 Antibody #5196
|5196S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5196||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||46, 48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
NDRG1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NDRG1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the carboxy terminus of human NDRG1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, mock transfected or transfected with SignalSilence® NDRG1 siRNA II #6257, using NDRG1 Antibody (upper) or β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb #2128 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using NDRG1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis on SignalSlide® Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls #8101 [paraffin-embedded LNCaP cell pellets, control (left) or LY294002-treated (right)] using NDRG1 Antibody (top) or Phospho-NDRG1 (Thr346) (D98G11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5482 (bottom).
N-myc downstream-regulated gene 1 (NDRG1), also termed Cap43, Drg1, RTP/rit42, and Proxy-1, is a member of the NDRG family, which is composed of four members (NDRG1-4) that function in growth, differentiation, and cell survival (1-5). NDRG1 is ubiquitously expressed and highly responsive to a variety of stress signals including DNA damage (4), hypoxia (5), and elevated levels of nickel and calcium (2). Expression of NDRG1 is elevated in N-myc defective mice and is negatively regulated by N- and c-myc (1,6). During DNA damage, NDRG1 is induced in a p53-dependent fashion and is necessary for p53-mediated apoptosis (4,7). Research studies have shown that NDRG1 may also play a role in cancer progression by promoting differentiation, inhibiting growth, and modulating metastasis and angiogenesis (3,4,6,8,9). Nonsense mutation of the NDRG1 gene has been shown to cause hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy-Lom (HMSNL), which is supported by studies demonstrating the role of NDRG1 in maintaining myelin sheaths and axonal survival (10,11). NDRG1 is up-regulated during mast cell maturation and its deletion leads to attenuated allergic responses (12). Both NDRG1 and NDRG2 are substrates of SGK1, although the precise physiological role of SGK1-mediated phosphorylation is not known (13). NDRG1 is phosphorylated by SGK1 at Thr328, Ser330, Thr346, Thr356, and Thr366. Phosphorylation by SGK1 primes NDRG1 for phosphorylation by GSK-3.
- Shimono, A. et al. (1999) Mech Dev 83, 39-52.
- Zhou, D. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 2182-9.
- van Belzen, N. et al. (1997) Lab Invest 77, 85-92.
- Kurdistani, S.K. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 4439-44.
- Park, H. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276, 321-8.
- Li, J. and Kretzner, L. (2003) Mol Cell Biochem 250, 91-105.
- Stein, S. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 48930-40.
- Maruyama, Y. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 6233-42.
- Nishio, S. et al. (2008) Cancer Lett 264, 36-43.
- Kalaydjieva, L. et al. (2000) Am J Hum Genet 67, 47-58.
- Okuda, T. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 3949-56.
- Taketomi, Y. et al. (2007) J Immunol 178, 7042-53.
- Murray, J.T. et al. (2004) Biochem J 384, 477-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3506 Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) Antibody
- 3217 Phospho-NDRG1 (Thr346) Antibody
- 6245 SignalSilence® NDRG1 siRNA I
- 6257 SignalSilence® NDRG1 siRNA II
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8101 SignalSlide® Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls
- 5482 Phospho-NDRG1 (Thr346) (D98G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.