Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
TAK1 (D94D7) Rabbit mAb #5206
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||78 to 82||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAK1 (D94D7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TAK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln600 of human TAK1 protein.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase that can be activated by TGF-β, bone morphogenetic protein and other cytokines including IL-1 (1,2). In vivo activation of TAK1 requires association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers phosphorylation of TAK1 (3,4). Another adaptor protein, TAB2, links TAK1 with TRAF6 and mediates TAK1 activation upon IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate p38 MAPK and JNK, respectively. In addition, TAK1 activates the NF-κB pathway by interacting with TRAF6 and phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) (2).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4505 TAK1 Antibody
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 4536 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr187) Antibody
- 4537 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.