Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (12C2) Mouse mAb #5210
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (12C2) Monoclonal Antibody can be used in high throughput kinase assays and drug discovery applications. It detects peptides derived from IκBα phosphorylated at Ser32/36.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser32/36 of human IκBα. Antibody is purified by protein G chromatography.
This antibody is formulated in PBS (no BSA/no glycerol) and quality controlled for use in ELISA and other drug discovery applications. This is a sample antibody and intended for use by drug discovery scientists.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9240 PhosphoPlus® IκBα (Ser32/36) Antibody Kit
- 9242 IκBα Antibody
- 1146 IκBα (Ser32) Biotinylated Peptide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.