Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
PCM-1 (G2000) Antibody #5213
|W IP IF-IC F||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||228||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PCM-1 (G2000) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PCM-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region near the carboxyl terminus of human PCM-1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RD, Jurkat and A-204 cell lines using PCM-1 (G2000) Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of A-204 cells, using PCM-1 (G2000) Antibody (blue) compared to Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of A204 cells using PCM1 (G2000) Antibody (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The centrosome is composed of a pair of centrioles surrounded by electron-dense pericentriolar material and functions as the microtubule-organizing center responsible for microtubule nucleation and spindle organization during cell cycle progression (1). Percentriolar material 1 (PCM-1) is a large, 228 kDa protein associated with the centrosome in a cell cycle dependent manner (2). PCM-1 localizes to small cytoplasmic granules called centrosomal satellites (3). PCM-1 is required for the assembly of several centrosomal proteins including centrin, pericentrin, ninein, NEK2, and CEP250 (4-8). Chromosomal translocations involving genes encoding PCM-1 and the tyrosine kinases Ret and Jak2 are associated with some cancers, including papillary thyroid carcinoma and myeloid leukemia (9-11).
- Zimmerman, W. and Doxsey, S.J. (2000) Traffic 1, 927-34.
- Balczon, R. et al. (1994) J Cell Biol 124, 783-93.
- Kubo, A. and Tsukita, S. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 919-28.
- Kim, J. et al. (2008) Hum Mol Genet 17, 3796-805.
- Dammermann, A. and Merdes, A. (2002) J Cell Biol 159, 255-66.
- Li, Q. et al. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 797-809.
- Hames, R.S. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 1711-24.
- Mack, G.J. et al. (1998) Arthritis Rheum 41, 551-8.
- Corvi, R. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4236-42.
- Reiter, A. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 2662-7.
- Bousquet, M. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 7248-52.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5259 PCM-1 (Q15) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.