Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
TBX21 (V365) Antibody #5214
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TBX21 (V365) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TBX21 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val365 of human TBX21 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The T-box gene family consists of transcription factors characterized by a related DNA-binding domain (T-box) of approximately 200 amino acids (1,2). The T-box genes exhibit diverse temporal and spatial patterns in the developing embryo. Studies have demonstrated members of this family play crucial roles during embryogenesis in a wide range of organisms by regulating cell fate decisions to establish the early body plan and to regulate later processes underlying organogenesis (3-5). Mutations in T-box genes are associated with many developmental defects (6). Recent studies also indicate potential roles in cancer by members of T-box family (7-9).
TBX21, also as known as T-bet, plays a critical role in development and maintenance of type 1 helper T (Th1) and TBX21 deficient mice display impaired Th1 differentiation (10,11).
- Wilkinson, D.G. et al. (1990) Nature 343, 657-9.
- Papaioannou, V.E. and Silver, L.M. (1998) Bioessays 20, 9-19.
- Showell, C. et al. (2004) Dev Dyn 229, 201-18.
- Papaioannou, V.E. (2001) Int Rev Cytol 207, 1-70.
- Hoogaars, W.M. et al. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci 64, 646-60.
- Baldini, A. (2004) Curr Opin Cardiol 19, 201-4.
- Abrahams, A. et al. (2010) IUBMB Life 62, 92-102.
- Rowley, M. et al. (2004) J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 9, 109-18.
- Yang, X.R. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 1176-8.
- Ho, I.C. and Glimcher, L.H. (2002) Cell 109 Suppl, S109-20.
- Peng, S.L. (2006) Cell Mol Immunol 3, 87-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.