Product Pathways - Protein Stability
STAMBP Antibody #5245
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
STAMBP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total STAMBP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly194 of human STAMBP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein ubiquitination and deubiquitination is a reversible process catalyzed by ubiquitinating enzymes (UBEs) and deubiquitinating enzymes (1,2). Deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) function as ubiquitin-specific proteases and can be divided into five subfamilies based on catalytic domain structure. At least 14 members of the JAMM ubiquitin protease subfamily have been identified, including signal transducing adaptor molecule (STAM) binding protein (3). STAM-binding protein (STAMBP or AMSH) is an endosomal DUB that preferentially displays ubiquitin isopeptidase activity toward K63-linked chains, which is critically dependent upon its interaction with STAM (4,5). STAMBP interacts with the STAM adaptor protein and becomes integrated into the multivesicular body sorting machinery to help regulate endosomal trafficking and receptor tyrosine kinase stability by deubiquitining target proteins (4,6). Evidence indicates that endosomal STAMBP antagonizes the ubiquitin-dependent trafficking of EGFR to the lysosomal compartment (7).
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 773-86.
- Nalepa, G. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Drug Discov 5, 596-613.
- Kikuchi, K. et al. (2003) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306, 637-43.
- McCullough, J. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 160-5.
- Kim, M.S. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351, 612-8.
- Agromayor, M. and Martin-Serrano, J. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 23083-91.
- McCullough, J. et al. (2004) J Cell Biol 166, 487-92.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.