Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate) #5247
|W||H Mk||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total COX IV protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys29 of human COX IV.
This Cell Signaling Technology (CST) antibody is conjugated to the carbohydrate groups of horseradish peroxidase (HRP) via its amine groups. The HRP conjugated antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated antibody (COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb #4850).
Cytochrome c oxidase (COX) is a hetero-oligomeric enzyme consisting of 13 subunits localized to the inner mitochondrial membrane (1-3). It is the terminal enzyme complex in the respiratory chain, catalyzing the reduction of molecular oxygen to water coupled to the translocation of protons across the mitochondrial inner membrane to drive ATP synthesis. The 3 largest subunits forming the catalytic core are encoded by mitochondrial DNA, while the other smaller subunits, including COX IV, are nuclear-encoded. Research studies have shown that deficiency in COX activity correlates with a number of human diseases (4). The COX IV antibody can be used effectively as a mitochondrial loading control in cell-based research assays.
- Ostermeier, C. et al. (1996) Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 6, 460-466.
- Capaldi, R.A. et al. (1983) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 726, 135-148.
- Kadenbach, B. et al. (2000) Free Radic. Biol. Med. 29, 211-221.
- Barrientos, A. et al. (2002) Gene 286, 53-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4850 COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.