Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
cPLA2 (D49A7) Rabbit mAb #5249
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||98||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
cPLA2 (D49A7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total cPLA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu245 of human cPLA2 protein.
Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) is a ubiquitously distributed enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of the sn-2 acyl bond of glycerolipids to produce lysophospholipids and release arachidonic acid (1). cPLA2 has been implicated in diverse cellular responses such as mitogenesis, differentiation, inflammation and cytotoxicity (1). Calcium binding to the amino-terminal CalB domain of cPLA2 promotes the translocation of cPLA2 from cytosol to membrane, where cPLA2 cleaves arachidonic acid from natural membrane (2). Phosphorylation of cPLA2 by MAPK (p42/44 and p38) at Ser505 (3,4) and Ser727 (5) stimulates its catalytic activity.
- Leslie, C.C. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 16709-16712.
- Clark, J. D. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1043-1051.
- Lin, L. L. et al. (1993) Cell 72, 269-278.
- Kramer, R.M. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 27723-27729.
- Hefner, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 37542-37551.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2831 Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody
- 2832 cPLA2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.