Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Renin Antibody #5250
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Renin Antibody detects transfected levels of human Renin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu308 of human renin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Renin is a secreted proteinase whose enzymatic activity is to convert angiotensinogen into angiotensin I in the plasma, initiating a process that results in an elevation of blood pressure and increased sodium retention by the kidney (1). Renin is synthezed in kidney as a procursor, prorenin, which is released into circulation. Both renin and prorenin can bind to (pro)renin receptor and induce angiotensin-independent signaling events leading to activation of MAPKs and up-regulation of TGF-β1 and matrix proteins (2, 3). Defects in renin can cause renal tubular dysgenesis, a severe autosomal recessive disorder of renal tubular development (4, 5).
- Castrop, H. et al. (2010) Physiol Rev 90, 607-73.
- Ichihara, A. et al. J Nephrol 22, 306-11.
- Nguyen, G. (2010) Ann Med 42, 13-8.
- Lacoste, M. et al. (2006) J Am Soc Nephrol 17, 2253-63.
- Gubler, M.C. and Antignac, C. (2010) Kidney Int 77, 400-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.