Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (Biotinylated) #5265
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (Biotinylated) detects endogenous levels of total β-catenin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human β-catenin protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to biotin under optimal conditions. The unconjugated β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (IF Preferred) #2677 reacts with human β-catenin protein.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2677 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (IF Preferred)
- 2849 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4627 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 5612 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate)
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 2504 APC Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4687 DKK1 Antibody
- 4683 DKK2 (G44) Antibody
- 4689 DKK2 (N70) Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2596 Naked2 (C36D3) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2206 TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.