Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb #5284
|W IHC-P F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||23||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Bad only when phosphorylated at Ser112. The Ser112 nomenclature is based upon the mouse sequence. The analogous phosphorylation site is Ser75 in human and Ser113 in rat. This antibody does not detect Bad phosphorylated at other sites, nor does it detect related family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser112 of mouse Bad.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untreated or TPA-treated, using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Bad Antibody #9292 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, untreated (left) or lambda phosphatase treated (right), using Phospho-Bad (Ser 112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded COS cells untreated (left) or TPA-treated (right), showing induced cytoplasmic staining using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma, using Phospho-Bad (Ser 112) (40A9) Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody preincubated with control peptide (left) or Phospho-Bad (Ser 112) Blocking Peptide (IHC Specific) #1026 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, untreated (blue) or TPA/Calyculin A treated (green), using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb.
Bad is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family that promotes cell death by displacing Bax from binding to Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (1,2). Survival factors, such as IL-3, inhibit the apoptotic activity of Bad by activating intracellular signaling pathways that result in the phosphorylation of Bad at Ser112 and Ser136 (2). Phosphorylation at these sites promotes binding of Bad to 14-3-3 proteins to prevent an association between Bad with Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (2). Akt phosphorylates Bad at Ser136 to promote cell survival (3,4). Bad is phosphorylated at Ser112 both in vivo and in vitro by p90RSK (5,6) and mitochondria-anchored PKA (7). Phosphorylation at Ser155 in the BH3 domain by PKA plays a critical role in blocking the dimerization of Bad and Bcl-xL (8-10).
- Yang, E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 285-291.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-628.
- Datta, S.R. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 231-241.
- Peso, L. et al. (1997) Science 278, 687-689.
- Bonni, A. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1358-1362.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867.
- Harada, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 3, 413-422.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25865-25869.
- Lizcano, J. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 547-557.
- Datta, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 41-51.
- Beharry, Z. et al. (2009) Mol Cancer Ther 8, 1473-83. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1026 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Blocking Peptide
- 5286 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (185D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 9293 Bad Control Proteins
- 9296 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (7E11) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8223 PhosphoPlus® Bad (Ser112) Antibody Duet
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.