Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb #5292
|IHC-P IF-IC F||All||Endogenous||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb detects BrdU when incorporated into single stranded DNA. DNA must be denatured for the epitope to be exposed and recognized by the antibody.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with BrdU conjugated to BSA.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HeLa cells, without (left) and with (right) BrdU incorporation, using BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells incorporated with BrdU (30 minutes), using BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb versus propidium iodide (DNA content).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or BrdU incorporated for 30 minutes (green), using BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb.
Halogenated nucleotides such as the pyrimidine analog bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) are useful for labeling nascent DNA in living cells and tissues. BrdU becomes incorporated into replicating DNA in place of thymidine and subsequent immunodetection of BrdU using specific monoclonal antibodies allows labeling of cells in S phase of the cell cycle. After pulse-labeling cells or tissues with bromodeoxyuridine, BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb can be used to detect BrdU incorporated into single stranded DNA. Please see our detailed protocol for information regarding the labeling procedure and denaturation of double stranded DNA for various immunodetection applications (1-4).
- Darzynkiewicz, Z. and Juan, G. (2001) Curr Protoc Cytom Chapter 7, Unit 7.7.
- Leif, R.C. et al. (2004) Cytometry A 58, 45-52.
- Staszkiewicz, J. et al. (2009) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378, 539-44.
- Rothaeusler, K. and Baumgarth, N. (2007) Curr Protoc Cytom Chapter 7, Unit7.31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.