Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UBA2 Antibody #5293
|5293S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5293||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
UBA2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total UBA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu490 of human UBA2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The process of SUMO conjugation to target proteins is similar to the molecular chain of events observed with ubiquitin (1). SUMO is conjugated to target proteins through the coordinated action of the cellular SUMO conjugation machinery consisting of E1, E2, and E3 enzymes (2). The canonical SUMO E1 activating enzyme is a heterodimer consisting of SAE1 (AOS1) and UBA2 (SAE2) subunits. Mature SUMO is activated by E1 in an ATP-dependent reaction that generates adenylated SUMO, which functions as a high-energy intermediate in the formation of a thioester linkage between SUMO and Cys173 of UBA2 (3,4). SUMO is subsequently transferred from UBA2 to the SUMO E2 conjugating enzyme, UBC9 (5). Recent evidence suggests that redox regulation of UBA2 serves as a physiologic mechanism to modulate the cellular level of sumoylated target proteins (6).
- Geiss-Friedlander, R. and Melchior, F. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 947-56.
- Tatham, M.H. et al. (2003) Biochemistry 42, 9959-69.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 10618-24.
- Gong, L. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 448, 185-9.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1997) FEBS Lett 417, 297-300.
- Bossis, G. and Melchior, F. (2006) Mol Cell 21, 349-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4786 Ubc9 (D26F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3550 PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.