Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
FoxP3 (D25D4) Rabbit mAb #5298
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxP3 (D25D4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FoxP3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Trp268 of human FoxP3 protein.
Forkhead box (Fox) proteins are a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors containing a sequence known as Forkhead box or winged helix DNA binding domain (1). The human genome contains 43 Fox proteins that are divided into subfamilies. The FoxP subfamily has four members, FoxP1 - FoxP4, which are broadly expressed and play important roles in organ development, immune response, and cancer pathogenesis (2-4). The FoxP subfamily has several characteristics that are atypical among Fox proteins: their Forkhead domain is located at the carboxy-terminal region and they contain motifs that promote homo- and heterodimerization. FoxP proteins usually function as transcriptional repressors (4,5).
FoxP3 is crucial for the development of T cells with regulatory properties (Treg) (6). Mutations in FoxP3 are associated with immunodeficiency polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, and X-linked syndrome (IPEX) (7), while overexpression in mice causes severe immunodeficiency (8). In addition, FoxP3 functions as a tumor suppressor in several types of cancer (9-11).
- Myatt, S.S. and Lam, E.W. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 847-59.
- Shu, W. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 27488-97.
- Lu, M.M. et al. (2002) Gene Expr Patterns 2, 223-8.
- Koon, H.B. et al. (2007) Expert Opin Ther Targets 11, 955-65.
- Li, S. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 809-22.
- Ochs, H.D. et al. (2007) Immunol Res 38, 112-21.
- Bennett, C.L. et al. (2001) Nat Genet 27, 20-1.
- Kasprowicz, D.J. et al. (2003) J Immunol 171, 1216-23.
- Zuo, T. et al. (2007) Cell 129, 1275-86.
- Zuo, T. et al. (2007) J Clin Invest 117, 3765-73.
- Wang, L. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 16, 336-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.