Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GAD1 Antibody #5305
|5305S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5305||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||67||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
GAD1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GAD1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro19 of human GAD1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The enzyme glutamate decarboxylase (GAD) is responsible for the synthesis of the essential neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) from L-glutamic acid (1). GAD1 (GAD67) and GAD2 (GAD65) are expressed in nervous and endocrine systems (2) and are thought to be involved in synaptic transmission (3) and insulin secretion (4), respectively. Autoantibodies against GAD2 may serve as markers for type I diabetes (5). Many individuals suffering from an adult onset disorder known as Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS) also express autoantibodies to GAD2 (6).
Mutations in the GAD1 gene can cause autosomal recessive spastic cerebral palsy, possibly attributable to altered glutamate/GABA ratios (7).
- Kaufman, D.L. et al. (1991) J Neurochem 56, 720-3.
- Feldblum, S. et al. (1993) J Neurosci Res 34, 689-706.
- Gao, B. and Moore, R.Y. (1996) J Biol Rhythms 11, 172-9.
- Rubi, B. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 36391-6.
- Gilliam, L.K. et al. (2004) Clin Exp Immunol 138, 337-41.
- Skorstad, G. et al. (2008) Eur J Neurol 15, 973-80.
- Lynex, C.N. et al. (2004) BMC Neurol 4, 20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3988 GAD2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.