Product Pathways - Neuroscience
SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb #5309
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total SNAP25 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln116 of human SNAP25 protein.
The 25 kDa synaptosome-associated protein (SNAP25) is a target membrane soluble, N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor (t-SNARE) that is found on neuronal presynaptic membranes. SNAP25 forms a core complex with the SNARE proteins syntaxin and synaptobrevin to mediate synaptic vesicle fusion with the plasma membrane during Ca2+-dependent exocytosis (1). This complex is responsible for exocytosis of the neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Neurotransmitter release is inhibited by proteolysis of SNAP25 by botulinum toxins A and E (2). SNAP25 plays a secondary role as a Q-SNARE involved in endosome fusion; the protein is associated with genetic susceptibility to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) (3).
- Salaün, C. et al. (2004) Biochim Biophys Acta 1693, 81-9.
- Fan, H.P. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 28174-84.
- Aikawa, Y. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 2113-24.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4329 Synaptophysin Antibody
- 3347 SYT1 Antibody
- 2869 Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.