Product Pathways - Neuroscience
mGluR1 Antibody #5310
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||145, >300||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
mGluR1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total mGluR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu1105 of the α isoform of human mGluR1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 (mGluR1) is a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) for the neurotransmitter glutamate in the mammalian brain. Unlike ionotropic receptors, metabotropic receptors do not form an ion channel pore themselves but are indirectly linked to ion channels (1). Both mGluR1 and mGluR5 are coupled to phospholipase C and activate inositol phospholipid metabolism via G protein-mediated mechanisms. Upon phosphatidylinositol activation, the second messenger calcium is released and generates a calcium-activated chloride current. Metabotropic glutamate receptors other than mGluR1 and mGluR5 inhibit adenylate cyclase (1-3). mGluR1 does not share sequence homology with conventional GPCRs (1). mGluR1 forms a homodimer and is linked to synaptic plasticity, as well as long-term potentiation and long-term depression. Furthermore, mGluR1 is a potential therapeutic target for various psychiatric and neurological diseases, including schizophrenia, epilepsy, and Parkinson and Alzheimer diseases (4-6).
- Pin, J.P. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 342-8.
- Sugiyama, H. et al. (1987) Nature 325, 531-3.
- Hermans, E. and Challiss, R.A. (2001) Biochem J 359, 465-84.
- Niswender, C.M. et al. (2005) Curr Top Med Chem 5, 847-57.
- Pellicciari, R. and Costantino, G. (1999) Curr Opin Chem Biol 3, 433-40.
- Olive, M.F. (2009) Curr Drug Abuse Rev 2, 83-989.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 4676 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D47E3) Rabbit mAb
- 3825 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Arg860) Antibody
- 5704 NMDAR1 (D65B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4205 NMDAR2A Antibody
- 4212 NMDAR2B (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.