Product Pathways - Phosphatases
PTP1B Antibody #5311
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTP1B Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PTP1B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human PTP1B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) is the original member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family of proteins (1). PTP1B is highly expressed in insulin-responsive tissues and negatively regulates insulin, as well as integrin, through dephosphorylation of phosphotyrosine residues (2-4). PTP1B knockout mice show resistance to dietary weight gain and enhanced insulin sensitivity, suggesting a possible role in treatment of obesity as well as type 2 diabetes (5).
- Liang, F. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 24857-63.
- Kenner, K.A. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 19810-6.
- Klaman, L.D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5479-89.
- Liu, F. et al. (1998) Curr Biol 8, 173-6.
- Elchebly, M. et al. (1999) Science 283, 1544-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.