Product Pathways - Development
RBPSUH (D10A4) XP® Rabbit mAb #5313
|W ChIP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||61||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RBPSUH (D10A4) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RBPSUH protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln110 of human RBPSUH protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using RBPSUH (D10A4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
CUTLL1 cells were cultured in media with γ-secretase inhibitor (1 μM, 3 d) and then either harvested immediately (left panel) or washed and cultured in fresh media for 3 h (right panel). Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 cells and 10 µl of RBPSUH (D10A4) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human HES1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human HES4 Promoter Primers #7273, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
RBPSUH (Recombining Binding Protein, SUppressor of Hairless), also termed RBP-J or CSL, is the DNA-binding component of the transcription complex regulated by canonical Notch signaling. In the absence of Notch activation, RBPSUH suppresses target gene expression through interactions with a co-repressor complex containing histone deacetylase. Upon activation of Notch receptors, the Notch intracellular domain (NICD) translocates to the nucleus and binds to RBPSUH. This displaces the co-repressor complex and replaces it with a transcription activation complex that includes Mastermind-like (MAML) proteins and histone acetylase p300, leading to transcriptional activation of Notch target genes (1-3). RBPSUH is also the DNA-binding partner for Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) nuclear antigen 2 (EBNA2), a protein critical for latent viral transcription and immortalization of EBV-infected B cells (4,5).
- Ehebauer, M. et al. (2006) Sci STKE 2006, cm7.
- Borggrefe, T. and Oswald, F. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1631-46.
- Kopan, R. and Ilagan, M.X. (2009) Cell 137, 216-33.
- Henkel, T. et al. (1994) Science 265, 92-5.
- Strobl, L.J. et al. (1997) Immunobiology 198, 299-306.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 3608 Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4380 Notch1 (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4530 Notch2 (D67C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5276 Notch3 (D11B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 6988 MAML2 (D41E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 3447 Notch1 (5B5) Rat mAb
- 3446 Notch3 (8G5) Rat mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 11988 HES1 (D6P2U) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.