Product Pathways - Metabolism
GFAT1 (D12F4) Rabbit mAb #5322
|5322S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5322||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
GFAT1 (D12F4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GFAT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence around Gly100 of human GFAT1.
GFAT1, glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase 1, is the rate-limiting enzyme of the hexosamine biosynthesis pathway (1). This enzyme catalyzes the conversion of fructose-6-phosphate and glutamine to glucosamine-6-phosphate and glutamate (2). The hexosamine biosynthesis pathway generates the building blocks for protein and lipid glycosylation (2). Furthermore, studies suggest that increased activity of this pathway is a contributing factor to hyperglycemia-induced insulin resistance (1,2). GFAT1 is more active in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) patients (3). Transgenice mice overexpressing this enzyme in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue show an insulin resistance phenotype (4,5). GFAT2, an isoenzyme of GFAT1, was later identified (6, 7). Studies show that the regulation of GFAT2 is different from that of GFAT1, suggesting differential regulation of the hexosamine pathway in different tissues (7).
- Niimi, M. et al. (2001) J Hum Genet 46, 566-71.
- DeHaven, J.E. et al. (2001) Diabetes 50, 2419-24.
- Yki-Järvinen, H. et al. (1999) Life Sci 65, 215-23.
- Cooksey, R.C. et al. (1999) Endocrinology 140, 1151-7.
- Hebert, L.F. et al. (1996) J Clin Invest 98, 930-6.
- Oki, T. et al. (1999) Genomics 57, 227-34.
- Hu, Y. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 29988-93.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3818 GFAT1 Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.