Product Pathways - Translational Control
Dicer (D5F2) Rabbit mAb #5325
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dicer (D5F2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Dicer protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence near the amino terminus of human Dicer.
Dicer is a member of the RNase III family that specifically cleaves double-stranded RNAs to generate microRNAs (miRNAs) (1). After long primary transcript pri-miRNAs are processed to stem-looped pre-miRNAs by Drosha (2), pre-miRNAs are transported to the cytoplasm and further processed by Dicer to produce 22-nucleotide mature miRNAs (3). The mature miRNA then becomes a part of the RNA-Induced Silencing Complex (RISC) and can bind to the 3' UTR of the target mRNA (3).
- Hutvágner, G. and Zamore, P.D. (2002) Science 297, 2056-60.
- Lee, Y. et al. (2003) Nature 425, 415-9.
- Diederichs, S. and Haber, D.A. (2007) Cell 131, 1097-108.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3363 Dicer Antibody
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 9388 Argonaute 1 Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 4052 THEX1 (D2B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4055 THEX1 (D66A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4317 FMRP Antibody
- 4524 FMRP (G468) Antibody
- 4173 FXR1 Antibody
- 4264 FXR1 (L662) Antibody
- 4247 FXR2 Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.