Product Pathways - Development
FoxP2 (D55H9) Rabbit mAb #5337
|W IP||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||85||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxP2 (D55H9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FoxP2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu623 of human FoxP2 protein.
Forkhead box (Fox) proteins are a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors containing a sequence known as Forkhead box or winged helix DNA binding domain (1). The human genome contains 43 Fox proteins that are divided into subfamilies. The FoxP subfamily has four members, FoxP1 - FoxP4, which are broadly expressed and play important roles in organ development, immune response, and cancer pathogenesis (2-4). The FoxP subfamily has several characteristics that are atypical among Fox proteins: their Forkhead domain is located at the carboxy-terminal region and they contain motifs that promote homo- and heterodimerization. FoxP proteins usually function as transcriptional repressors (4,5).
FoxP2 regulates lung and nerve system development (6-10). Mutations, including point mutation, truncation, deletion, and chromosomal translocation, involving FoxP2 are associated with an inherited form of speech and language disorder (11,12).
- Myatt, S.S. and Lam, E.W. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 847-59.
- Shu, W. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 27488-97.
- Lu, M.M. et al. (2002) Gene Expr Patterns 2, 223-8.
- Koon, H.B. et al. (2007) Expert Opin Ther Targets 11, 955-65.
- Li, S. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 809-22.
- Shu, W. et al. (2007) Development 134, 1991-2000.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2010) Life Sci 87, 17-25.
- Konopka, G. et al. (2009) Nature 462, 213-7.
- Enard, W. et al. (2009) Cell 137, 961-71.
- Morikawa, Y. et al. (2009) Neuroscience 162, 1150-62.
- Scharff, C. and White, S.A. (2004) Ann N Y Acad Sci 1016, 325-47.
- Fisher, S.E. and Scharff, C. (2009) Trends Genet 25, 166-77.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.