Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
EGF Receptor (L858R Mutant Specific) (43B2) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) #5354
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EGFR (L858R Mutant Specific) (43B2) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) detects endogenous levels of EGFR mutant L858R protein. Careful titration of this antibody may be required to obtain optimal specificity.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to L858R mutant sequence of human EGF receptor.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to biotin under optimal conditions. The biotinylated antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated EGFR (L858R Mutant Specific) (43B2) Rabbit mAb #3197.
The epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor is a 170 kDa transmembrane tyrosine kinase that belongs to the HER/ErbB protein family. Research studies have shown that somatic mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of EGF receptor (EGFR) are present in a subset of lung adenocarinomas that respond to EGFR inhibitors, such as gefinitib and erlotinib (1-3). Two types of mutations account for approximately 90% of mutated cases: a specific point mutation, L858R, that occurs in exon 21 and short in-frame deletions in exon 19 (4,5). The most frequent exon 19 deletion is E746-A750, accounting for 90% of lesions at this site, although some rare variants occur.
- Lynch, T.J. et al. (2004) N Engl J Med 350, 2129-39.
- Pao, W. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101, 13306-11.
- Haber, D.A. et al. (2005) Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 70, 419-26.
- Kosaka, T. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 8919-23.
- Riely, G.J. et al. (2006) Clin Cancer Res 12, 7232-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3999 Streptavidin-HRP
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 4267 EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3197 EGF Receptor (L858R Mutant Specific) (43B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2085 EGF Receptor (E746-A750del Specific) (6B6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6627 EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.