Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-NMDAR2B (Ser1284) Antibody #5355
|5355S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5355||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-NMDAR2B (Ser1284) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of NMDAR2B protein only when phosphorylated at Ser1284.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1284 of human NMDAR2B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) forms a heterodimer of at least one NR1 and one NR2A-D subunit. Multiple receptor isoforms with distinct brain distributions and functional properties arise by selective splicing of the NR1 transcripts and differential expression of the NR2 subunits. NR1 subunits bind the co-agonist glycine and NR2 subunits bind the neurotransmitter glutamate. Activation of the NMDA receptor or opening of the ion channel allows flow of Na+ and Ca2+ ions into the cell, and K+ out of the cell (1). Each subunit has a cytoplasmic domain that can be directly modified by the protein kinase/phosphatase (2). PKC can phosphorylate the NR1 subunit (NMDAR1) of the receptor at Ser890/Ser896, and PKA can phosphorylate NR1 at Ser897 (3). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKC decreases its affinity for calmodulin, thus preventing the inhibitory effect of calmodulin on NMDAR (4). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKA probably counteracts the inhibitory effect of calcineurin on the receptor (5). NMDAR mediates long-term potentiation and slow postsynaptic excitation, which play central roles in learning, neurodevelopment, and neuroplasticity (6).
Ephrin-B2 binding to its receptor EphB leads to the activation of Src family tyrosine kinases, which phosphorylate NMDAR2B at Tyr1252, Tyr1336, and Tyr1472. In turn, phosphorylated NMDAR2B enhances the ability of the functional NMDA receptor to regulate Ca2+ influx in response to glutamate (7). Phosphorylation of NMDAR2B at Ser1284 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, an MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorylation of NMDAR2B at Ser1284 was observed in extracts isolated from embryo and adult mouse brain. For additional information please visit PhosphoSitePlus®, a CST modification site knowledgebase, at www.phosphosite.org.
- Liu, X.B. et al. (2004) J. Neurosci. 24, 8885-8895.
- Westphal, R.S. et al. (1999) Science 285, 93-96.
- Tingley, W.G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5157-5166.
- Hisatsune, C. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 20805-20810.
- Raman, I.M. et al. (1996) Neuron 16, 415-421.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J. Neurosci. 19, 2500-2510.
- Takasu, M.A. et al. (2002) Science 295, 491-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 4205 NMDAR2A Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4212 NMDAR2B (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.