Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
JARID1C (D29B9) Rabbit mAb #5361
|5361S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5361||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||180||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
JARID1C (D29B9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total JARID1C protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other JARID proteins, including JARID1A, JARID1B and JARID1D.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu830 of human JARID1C protein.
The methylation state of lysine residues in histone proteins is a major determinant for formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for proper programming of the genome during development (1,2). Jumonji C (JmjC) domain-containing proteins represent the largest class of potential histone demethylase proteins (3). The JmjC domain can catalyze the demethylation of mono-, di-, and tri-methyl lysine residues via an oxidative reaction that requires iron and α-ketoglutarate (3). Based on homology, both humans and mice contain at least 30 such proteins, which can be divided into 7 separate families (3). The JARID (Jumonji/AT-rich interactive domain-containing protein) family contains four members: JARID1A (also RBP2 and RBBP2), JARID1B (also PLU-1), JARID1C (also SMCX) and JARID1D (also SMCY) (4). In addition to the JmJC domain, these proteins contain JmJN, BRIGHT, C5HC2 zinc-finger, and PHD domains, the latter of which binds to methylated histone H3 (Lys9) (4). All four JARID proteins demethylate di- and tri-methyl histone H3 Lys4; JARID1B also demethylates mono-methyl histone H3 Lys4 (5-7). JARID1A is a critical RB-interacting protein and is required for Polycomb-Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2)-mediated transcriptional repression during ES cell differentiation (8). A JARID1A-NUP98 gene fusion is associated with myeloid leukemia (9). JARID1B, which interacts with many proteins including c-Myc and HDAC4, may play a role in cell fate decisions by blocking terminal differentiation (10-12). JARID1B is over-expressed in many breast cancers and may act by repressing multiple tumor suppressor genes including BRCA1 and HOXA5 (13,14). JARID1C has been found in a complex with HDAC1, HDAC2, G9a and REST, which binds to and represses REST target genes in non-neuronal cells (7). JARID1C mutations are associated with X-linked mental retardation and epilepsy (15,16). JARID1D is largely uncharacterized.
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop , 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr Opin Genet Dev 16, 137-42.
- Klose, R.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Genet 7, 715-27.
- Benevolenskaya, E.V. (2007) Biochem Cell Biol 85, 435-43.
- Christensen, J. et al. (2007) Cell 128, 1063-76.
- Yamane, K. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 25, 801-12.
- Tahiliani, M. et al. (2007) Nature 447, 601-5.
- Pasini, D. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 1345-55.
- van Zutven, L.J. et al. (2006) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45, 437-46.
- Secombe, J. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 537-51.
- Barrett, A. et al. (2007) Int J Cancer 121, 265-75.
- Dey, B.K. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 5312-27.
- Barrett, A. et al. (2002) Int J Cancer 101, 581-8.
- Lu, P.J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 15633-45.
- Tzschach, A. et al. (2006) Hum Mutat 27, 389.
- Jensen, L.R. et al. (2005) Am J Hum Genet 76, 227-36.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 5326 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (D1A9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3876 JARID1A (D28B10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3273 JARID1B Antibody
- 2184 LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.