Product Pathways - Metabolism
OGT Antibody #5368
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
OGT Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total OGT protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala686 of human OGT protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
O-GlcNAcylation is a post-translational modification where β-D-N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) is covalently linked to cytoplasmic and nuclear proteins at serine or threonine residues (1,2). This modification is important in many cellular processes including metabolism, cell growth and morphogenesis, apoptosis, and transcription (2,3), and research studies have implicated this modification in cancer (1). The reversible protein modification by O-GlcNAc, which has been suggested to be a nutrient and stress sensor, is catalyzed by two highly conserved enzymes, O-GlcNAc transferase (OGT) and O-GlcNAcase (OGA) (4).
- Comer, F.I. et al. (2001) Anal Biochem 293, 169-77.
- Slawson, C. and Hart, G.W. (2011) Nat Rev Cancer 11, 678-84.
- Capotosti, F. et al. (2011) Cell 144, 376-88.
- Hart, G.W. et al. (2007) Nature 446, 1017-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9875 O-GlcNAc (CTD110.6) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.