Product Pathways - Translational Control
hnRNP A1 (R196) Antibody #5380
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||34, 40 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
hnRNP A1 (R196) Antibody detects both isoforms of endogenous hnRNP A1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg196 of human hnRNP A1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and 293T cells using hnRNP A1 (R196) Antibody.
Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNP A1) is a member of the hnRNP A/B family of related RNA binding proteins that bind pre-mRNA and are involved in the processing, metabolism, and transport of nuclear pre-mRNA transcripts (1). hnRNP A1 regulates the alternative splicing of c-Src and c-H-Ras (2,3) and modifies initiation of translation of the fibroblast growth factor 2 mRNA (4). hnRNP A1 expression level is elevated in many cancers; knockdown of hnRNP A1 leads to apoptosis in various cancer cells (5). Although predominantly nuclear, hnRNP A1 is continually transported from the nucleus to the cytoplasm where it disassociates from mRNA and is rapidly re-imported into the nucleus (6,7). hnRNP A1 binds to cis-acting repressive sequences (CRS) of HIV-1 to influence HIV-1 production (8,9). HIV-1 enhances hnRNP A1 expression and promotes the relocalization of hnRNP A1 to the cytoplasm (10).
- Myer, V.E. and Steitz, J.A. (1995) RNA 1, 171-82.
- Rooke, N. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 1874-84.
- Guil, S. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 2927-41.
- Bonnal, S. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 4144-53.
- Patry, C. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 7679-88.
- Piñol-Roma, S. and Dreyfuss, G. (1992) Nature 355, 730-2.
- Siomi, M.C. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 138, 1181-92.
- Black, A.C. et al. (1996) Virus Genes 12, 275-85.
- Hadian, K. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 33384-91.
- Monette, A. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 31350-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9304 hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb
- 4046 hnRNP A0 Antibody
- 4783 hnRNP LL Antibody
- 4296 hnRNP A1 (K350) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.