Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat6 (D3H4) Rabbit mAb #5397
|5397S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5397||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Bovine, Dog, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat6 (D3H4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Stat6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly582 of human Stat6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Stat6 (D3H4) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Ramos cells starved overnight then treated with IL-4 (100 ng/ml, 30 min) and either 10 μl of Stat6 (D3H4) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human DMD Intron 2 Primers #7710, human MS4A1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Upon activation by Janus kinases, Stat6 translocates to the nucleus where it regulates cytokine-induced gene expression. Stat6 is activated via phosphorylation at Tyr641 and is required for responsiveness to IL-4 and IL-13 (1-4). In addition, Stat6 is activated by IFN-α in B cells, where it forms transcriptionally active complexes with Stat2 and p48 (5,6). Protein phosphatase 2A is also involved in regulation of IL-4-mediated Stat6 signaling (7).
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Ann. Rev. Immunol. 17, 701-738.
- Malabarba, M.G. et al. (1996) Biochem. J. 319, 865-872.
- Hou, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1701-1706.
- Quelle, F.W. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3336-3343.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 627-630.
- Gupta, S. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 3834-3841.
- Woetmann, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2787-2791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
- 9364 Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.