Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
ZO-1 Antibody #5406
|5406S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5406||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
ZO-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ZO-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ZO-1 protein.
Tight junctions, or zona occludens, form a continuous barrier to fluids across the epithelium and endothelium. They function in regulation of paracellular permeability and in the maintenance of cell polarity, blocking the movement of transmembrane proteins between the apical and the basolateral cell surfaces (reviewed in 1). Zona occludens proteins ZO-1, -2, and -3 (also known as TJP1, 2, and 3) are peripheral membrane adaptor proteins that link junctional transmembrane proteins such as occludin and claudin to the actin cytoskeleton (reviewed in 2). ZO-1 and -2 are required for tight junction formation and function (3,4). In subconfluent proliferating cells, ZO-1 and ZO-2 have been shown to colocalize to the nucleus and play a role in transcriptional regulation, possibly through facilitating nuclear import/export of transcriptional regulators (5-7). The ZO-2 gene is transcribed from two promoters, generating the ZO-2A and ZO-2C isoforms. ZO-2C lacks a 23 amino acid amino-terminal sequence found in other ZO-2 isoforms. While both isoforms appear to be widely expressed, abnormal regulation of the ZO-2 gene may be correlated with development of ductal cancer (8).
- Shin, K. et al. (2006) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 22, 207-35.
- Matter, K. and Balda, M.S. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 1505-11.
- Hernandez, S. et al. (2007) Exp Cell Res 313, 1533-47.
- Umeda, K. et al. (2006) Cell 126, 741-54.
- Betanzos, A. et al. (2004) Exp Cell Res 292, 51-66.
- Traweger, A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 2692-700.
- Huerta, M. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 4826-36.
- Chlenski, A. et al. (2000) Biochim Biophys Acta 1493, 319-24.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2847 ZO-2 Antibody
- 3704 ZO-3 (D57G7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4933 Claudin-1 Antibody
- 2135 CD2AP Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.